What is the Information Technology Program?
The IT Program is unique among the programs and departments at SFEI, in that it has a dual role. The first role is to provide the basic computing infrastructure and technical support necessary for any functioning organization; the second is to seek opportunities to apply information technology to promote informed stewardship of the Estuary, both for SFEI and for groups outside the Institute.
- Continue to increase SFEI’s stature as the place to go for Bay region environmental data, evidenced by:
- Growth in traffic to all SFEI websites
- Growth in the number of websites SFEI hosts
- Growth in the number of external requests for information
- Increase the number of funded projects to manage and/or host Bay environmental data
- Continue to break ground on providing clear, understandable, relevant information products to a variety of audiences
- Maintain a high level of staff satisfaction with internal computing infrastructure and technical support